During my second semester, our Foundations to Brand Management class was tasked to develop a profitable mobile application that utilized one or more AT&T APIs in order to serve a new market and generate a long-term positive ROI. My team developed Soulo.
Meet the needs of the growing solo female travel market in one mobile app.
In addition to helping develop the target, functionality, and monetization strategy for Soulo, I was also responsible for designing the app interface and branding.
There has been a huge rise in the number of females traveling alone over the past few years. These "Wander Women" have specific needs that currently can only be met by downloading 5-10 specific mobile applications. With Soulo, one travel app will meet all of their needs.
Some facts about US women that led us to land on the "Wander Woman" target:
- 49% have traveled internationally in the last 3 years
- 34% have traveled internationally in the last 3 years for vacation only
- 82% have traveled domestically in the last year
- 59% have traveled domestically in the last year for vacation only
- Currency Calculator
- Create a trip log
- Record flight details
- Log hotel confirmations
- Add notes
- Open to hotel and hostel advertisers to create profiles and purchase premium postings (using AT&T Advertising API)
- Travelers can review in 200 words or less
- Travel Agents post and fill adventures for a fee.
- Call local officials in an emergency
- Contact your embassy
- Safe Traveling Blog
- 200 word posts categorized by location
BENEFIT TO AT&T
Using an estimate of reaching 5% of the identified target we were able to project:
20% Advertising revenue to AT&T= $9,733/ month after month 9.
$0.01 per message up to 1 million, with an estimated
$6,400/ month after month 9.